Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Cashew Butter


Combine (according to your blender's directions):
  • 3 cups cashews
  • 1 Tbsp. Canola Oil
This is a great way to change up your PB&J sandwiches. The kids LOVE it!


**We have smoothies every morning. This resulted in us burning out the motor in our blender every 6-8 months. (For the record, I NEVER bought cheap ones. So frustrating!) I finally broke down and purchased the Vitamix 5200. It was worth every penny. I signed up for their newsletter and purchased mine when they were offering a special.


2 comments:

  1. Awesome idea! Beats spending $9 on a jar. Have you tried almonds? That's our nut butter of choice? Almonds may be harder in the blender. Guess the food processor might work. Thinking as I type, here. Have to give it a try. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son is having his "almond challenge" next week to see if he is really past his allergies to them. If he passes, almond butter is next on my list :)I'll let you know how it works.

      Delete