Saturday, March 10, 2012

Hot Dogs with Beer & Kraut


We don't have hotdogs very often. When we do, we do it right! Here's an easy recipe to make hotdogs worth your while.

Put in a crock-pot:
Cook on low for 5 hours or until dogs are heated through. Check them an hour before serving. If they are still cold, turn it up to high. You can't ruin these things.

I like my dog served on a bun with chopped onions, sliced tomatoes and celery salt. I like my kraut on the side, but you can throw it on top of the dog if you are feeling adventurous :) 


If you are going to make this for large crowds, just make sure to have enough beer and kraut to cover the dogs. It makes a great dish for a buffet and it's a lot easier than having someone grilling dogs for the masses.

3 comments:

  1. Ok this looks really good but I'm not a kraut fan - how is this kind different than the regular?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has sugar, salt and caraway seeds in it. I don't like regular cabbage or kraut either... I can eat this stuff right out of the can. Make sure you get the BAVARIAN STYLE. It's amazing!

      Delete
  2. In case you're curious... these are the hot dogs we use now: http://www.kraftbrands.com/oscarmayer/hot-dogs/selects-beef.html

    ReplyDelete