Friday, March 9, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookies


Every time I would make Chocolate Chip Cookies, they would fail in some way. They would either be too crispy or too flat or too oily. Keep in mind, I would get these varying results from the same recipe. I love to bake and I am really good at it... ask anyone who knows me. 

So I took this "failure" quite seriously. I mean who can't bake a chocolate chip cookie? I couldn't. But not any more. I decided to make it my mission to create a recipe that would produce perfect cookies every time. I am pleased to report that I have. I hope you find delicious success as you make these sweet treats!

Preheat oven to 375°. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.

Mix dry ingredients:
Cream together in a separate bowl:
  • 2 sticks butter
  • ¾ cup brown sugar
  • ¾ cup granulated sugar
Mix into the butter and sugar:
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
Combine dry and wet ingredients and mix together until completely blended.
  • Fold in however many chocolate chips you and your family prefer. (Some of my people like a lot of chips. Some of them like one or two in a cookie. I'll let you decide how much is enough.)

I use this glorious little scoop to scoop the dough onto the cookie sheets. Bake the cookies for 7 minutes. Then turn the pan and bake for an additional 2-3 minutes (depending on your oven). I get fluffy and moist cookies every time!


Join the Something Uncomfortable movement on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SomethingUncomfortableSteppingFromFearToFreedom

2 comments:

  1. I made these yesterday with 1/2 King Arthur whole wheat flour, 1/2 all purpose. They are delicious! And a half batch is perfect for the 2 of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea to do half & half! I'll have to try that :)

      Delete