Friday, March 16, 2012

Salsa


Combine:
  • 1 large can Whole Tomatoes (I run them through the blender. You can also squish them by hand. I recommend the blender.)
  • 1 8-12 oz can Tomato Sauce
  • 1 bunch Green Onion chopped (I use the food processor.)
  • 1 bunch fresh Cilantro chopped  (I use the food processor.)
  • 3-4 cloves of fresh Garlic chopped (I use the food processor.)
  • Salt & Pepper to taste
  • small amount of Red Pepper Flakes (Add to your taste - it gets hot.)
  • 1 fresh Lime squeezed (I add some of the lime that comes out when you squeeze it).
  • fresh Tomatoes diced (Optional)

So good you'll want to eat it with a spoon! I typically triple the batch when I make it. I eat a lot of salsa. Also, friends and family usually snatch a jar or two each time I make it. 

This goes great with:

2 comments:

  1. So I have been on a quest for amazing salsa. I have tried dozens of different recipes, and when I came across yours on Pinterest I decided to try it out. I followed the recipe and then added some other stuff I had in the kitchen, like a little red pepper, one fresh tomato, and garlic powder. It was pretty good when I was done, and I left it at my uncles house. He called me the next day to tell me that somehow overnight this had turned into the most amazing salsa he has ever had! I am going over to his house on Saturday to have moose taco's (I'm from Alaska) and I am going to make a batch the night before. I think I may have found my go to salsa recipe! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind words! It totally gets better with time. That's why I make large batches... I know the last jar will be the best. And I'm so glad you added extras. A recipe should be a starting point. I LOVE when people get creative! Enjoy the moose tacos... how fun!

      Delete