Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies


 

Every time I would make Chocolate Chip Cookies, they would fail in some way. They would either be too crispy or too flat or too oily. Keep in mind, I would get these varying results from the same recipe. I love to bake and I am really good at it... ask anyone who knows me. 

So I took this "failure" quite seriously. I mean who can't bake a chocolate chip cookie? I couldn't. But not any more. I decided to make it my mission to create a recipe that would produce perfect cookies every time. I am pleased to report that I have. You can find it here.


Then I decided to try making a whole wheat Chocolate Chip Cookie. The are also delicious. Only a couple of minor changes from the original including cooking time.

I hope you find delicious success as you make these sweet treats!

Preheat oven to 375°. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.

Mix dry ingredients:
  • 2½ cups King Arthur Whole Wheat Flour (It is all about the flour... different brands of whole wheat flour are not equal. Some are grainy. This one is the best for baking cookies and muffins.)
  • 1¼ tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp salt
Cream together in a separate bowl:
  • 2 sticks butter
  • ¾ cup brown sugar
  • ¾ cup granulated sugar
Mix into the butter and sugar:
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
Combine dry and wet ingredients and mix together until completely blended.
  • Fold in however many chocolate chips you and your family prefer. (Some of my people like a lot of chips. Some of them like one or two in a cookie. I'll let you decide how much is enough.)

I use this glorious little scoop to scoop the dough onto the cookie sheets. Bake the cookies for 7 minutes. Then turn the pan and bake for an additional 3-4 minutes (depending on your oven). I get fluffy and moist cookies every time!

1 comment:

  1. Just wrote King Arthur flour on my shopping list. I learned from an Allrecipes comment that adding 1 Tablespoon instead of 1 or 2 teaspoons makes all the difference in fluffy cookies. I've been doing it ever since, and it definitely works! I'd be curious to see what that does in this recipe...though it sounds like you finally got it the way you want it!

    ReplyDelete